Maritime Small Business Solutions
Like all business owners, those who own and operate businesses on the water have questions regarding how to own and operate their businesses so that they can manage risk and focus on profitability. At Cooper and Bilbrey, P.C., we are committed to providing personal client service at prices that fit many business. We have the business and legal knowledge and experience to help you:
- Choose the proper legal entity to own and operate your business and/or any vessel(s), whether it be a limited partnership, Limited Liability Company, or traditional corporation;
- Draft entity operating agreements, shareholder agreements, or other business agreements;
- Give you guidance regarding business and personal legal exposure;
- Develop and draft employment contracts;
- Draft purchase/sale agreements and bareboat, time, or voyage charter agreements;
- Help you understand and choose marine insurance policies and endorsements to make sure your business is covered;
- Draft contracts to use when dealing with customers, suppliers, and others; and
- To resolve problems and disputes that arise out of any of the above.
Whether you are a charter vessel owner, captain, boat builder or dealer, passenger carrier, tour boat operator, fishing vessel owner or operator, marina, repair facility, or any kind of business owner, we can help you develop a strategy to prevent legal disputes, minimize exposure in the event that they do occur, and keep you focused on profitability. We also offer competitive professional rates and a variety of fee structures, including traditional hourly, flat-fee, or a combination of these two, to best fit your needs. We also offer contingent fee, plus costs, arrangements for certain claims.
Discuss your business situation with an experienced and reputable attorney at our Charleston law firm of Cooper and Bilbrey, P.C. Call 843-883-9099 or send us an e-mail to arrange a free and confidential initial consultation regarding your business needs with no obligation.