Don’t Navigate These Transactions Alone

We Can Help Make Sure That Your Transactions Go Through Smoothly

Although most people use an attorney to assist them in the closing of a sale of their home, many do not think to do the same when buying or selling a boat. In today’s world, where the sales of even modestly sized recreational boats can run into the tens of thousands of dollars, and some involve quite a bit more, it can often be beneficial to have an attorney assist with the transaction to help make sure that you are not making mistakes that can come back to haunt you later. Whether you are selling your boat and want assistance with a sales contract, or the transfer of title and the sales funds, or you are a buyer who needs advice on potential maritime liens, assistance with loan documents, or other aspects of the transaction, we can help.

At Cooper and Bilbrey, P.C. in Charleston, South Carolina, we offer legal counsel and representation to assist individuals and businesses in the buying, selling and chartering of recreational and commercial vessels of all kinds in all areas of South Carolina.

To talk to a lawyer who can help you to avoid the pitfalls in the process, please contact our law firm by phone or e-mail to arrange a free and confidential consultation.

Prompt. Professional. Effective.
Free Consultation · Call 843-883-9099 or E-mail

We help clients with a wide variety of things, including:

  • Checking for liens or mortgages
  • Helping Buyers, Sellers, and Charterers understand their rights and responsibilities under South Carolina law and under the maritime law, as it applies to the vessel.
  • Working with borrowers and lenders to assist with purchase loans and Preferred Ship Mortgages
  • Drafting and negotiating purchase agreements and charter documents
  • Vessel Documentation
  • Working with brokers

Free Consultation · Call 843-883-9099

To find out more about what our law firm can do to help you avoid the pitfalls in the buying, selling or chartering of a vessel, please contact an attorney at Cooper and Bilbrey, P.C. in Mount Pleasant.